Full STEAM Ahead Mentor
Work Dates: July 17 through August 18, 2023
Location: Cambridge, MA (MIT)
Rate: $17 per hour
Questions or to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full STEAM Ahead (FSA) is a community outreach initiative to provide research-based hands-on learning opportunities for K-12 students. The initiative was launched in spring 2020 to support parents, teachers and students during the early days of COVID-19 by providing access to high-quality educational materials. Our vision is to create a global community of learners (children, teachers, and parents) who can share ideas, ask and answer questions, and engage in STEAM in meaningful ways even as they’re forced to stay home.
We are looking for Mentors to participate in our Full STEAM Ahead Summer 2023 Program – in-person! The position will take place from July 17, 2023 through August 18, 2023.
This summer, FSA is offering both an educator and a middle school program. The two-week summer program for educators in Massachusetts that will be focused on developing project based learning, hands-on learning and projects. The educator program will run from July 17 – 28, 2023 on MIT’s campus. The three-week middle school program will run from July 31 – August 18, 2023 at two locations, Somerville High School in Somerville, MA and on MIT’s campus. Mentors will help prepare for and participate in the educator program and be mentors to groups of middle school students doing project-based learning.
- Passion for K-12 education and mentoring students.
- Interest in program/curriculum development.
- Have 40 hours a week to commit to this project over the summer.
- Be willing to run module activities and respond to questions from program participants.
- Keep a weekly reflection journal that captures your thoughts and reflections about what is working, what is not, and how we might improve the program.