Full STEAM Ahead Intern/Mentor
Work Dates: July through August 2022
Hybrid program: In person at MIT July 18-22, 2022
Rate: $17 per hour
Questions or to apply: email@example.com
Full STEAM Ahead (FSA) is a community outreach initiative to provide research-based hands-on learning opportunities for K-12 students. The initiative was launched in spring 2020 to support parents, teachers and students during the early days of COVID-19 by providing access to high-quality educational materials. Our vision is to create a global community of learners (children, teachers, and parents) who can share ideas, ask and answer questions, and engage in STEAM in meaningful ways even as they’re forced to stay home.
We are looking for Mentors to participate in our Full STEAM Ahead Educator Immersion Program. The position will take place from July 2022 through August 2022 with the possibility of continuing through the fall semester and working with the educators as they implement their new programs.
This July, FSA is offering a two-week hybrid summer program for educators in Massachusetts that will be focused on developing hands-on learning and projects. The hybrid educator program will run from July 11-15 (remote) and July 18-22 (at MIT). Mentors will help prepare for and participate in the educator program and continue with module development through August.
- Passion for K-12 education and mentoring students.
- Interest in program/curriculum development.
- Have 30 hours a week to commit to this project over the summer and potentially 10 hours a week over the fall semester.
- Be willing to run module activities and respond to questions from program participants.
- Keep a weekly reflection journal that captures your thoughts and reflections about what is working, what is not, and how we might improve the program.